Thursday, September 2, 2010

fill in the blank!

it's been a while since i played along with lauren's fill in the blank friday, and her blanks are all about traveling {something that's been on my mind lately}, so i thought it would be fun to do this today.

1. If I didn't have to work anymore I would make art and start a band! of course that would cause me to tour to fabulous places, meeting fabulous people, and would provide plenty of time to see my family and friends who live far away.

2. My favorite thing about a vacation is experiencing something new!!! and getting to take a break from the daily routine.

3. When packing for a trip I get super organized. i start packing in my mind a week before i leave. then when i pack, i make sure everything has its place in my luggage. of course that still doesn't stop me from packing way too much the first time and having to repack my bag a couple times before i've sorted out the non-necessities .

4. If I could go on a road trip with anyone (dead OR alive) I would choose ack! what a tough question! but since i have to pick one person, i'm going to go with mindy kaling {actress & writer on 'the office'}, because, we could sing, be silly, and make a boring trip interesting. plus, i think the funniest comedians often have the deepest souls, so we could have super deep conversations about existentialism and god and the human condition. and we would go on a road trip across america to make a documentary about u.s. micro-cultures & their view of pop culture. and if mindy kaling was busy i would choose lady gaga, because i have SO many questions .

5. My top 3 absolute travel essentials are my ipod filled with my favorite music of the week {this changes frequently}, a hefty stack of magazines {they're my form of self-medicating when i fly}, and my camera {you never know when you'll run into something interesting, even at the airport or gas station!}.

6. Vacations are SO FUN, but often exhausting, causing me to crave a staycation after my vacation .

7. On vacation you must always do as the romans do! or whatever the people are called where you go. when i was in scotland i tried haggis. it was pretty disgusting to think about, but with a little ketchup it wasn't too bad! :) you also MUST get out of the tourist zones. i much prefer to find the teeny villages or establishments where the locals hang out. you find so many more memories in those sorts of places .


and here's what's on my mind as i think about vacations - thailand!! i can't believe i'll be on this beach in 2.5 weeks!


did you play along with fill in the blank friday?


also, i have some amazing guest bloggers lined up for the end of september when i'm off on my honeymoon! but there are still a couple slots left. if you're interested in writing a little guest post on the topic of love, shoot me an email at kimlawsonmft{at}gmail{dot}com.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I love ALL your answers, they are all so well thought out and planned, I wish I was more like that! I'm your newest follower, please follow me back @ www.romanianprincess.com

    Thanks, Nicole Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading these! :)

    ReplyDelete