Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Back to the real world...

I started back at work yesterday. I slept through all my alarms and was late {strike one against my plan to wake up early, as discussed yesterday}. Awesome. Then none of my clients showed up {I guess they're all still in vacation mode too}. So it got me thinking about work and dream jobs and how envious I am of all those people who are totally in love with their jobs.

Right now I'm a therapist intern at an inner-city high school. I really like being a therapist, I do. But I love change and I have so many interests that it makes it impossible for me to be satisfied with one, specific job.

Why can't there be a job that changes from day to day based on what I feel like doing that week?

WANTED: Paid Position for a Therapist/Crafter/Teacher/Artist/Musician/Baker/Tea Drinker/Traveler/Party Planner/Gift Box Creator/Writer/Sewer/Elephant Caretaker/Blogger/Slow Jogger/Designer/Flower Picker/Shopper/Bicycler/Actress/Candy Shop Girl. Willing to travel.

Does anyone out there LOVE their job? What would your dream job be if you could do anything?

Dissatisfied with the greenness of my grass,
Kimbirdy{found on weheartit}

3 comments:

  1. I am so with you! I definitely don't love my job but I'm good at it, it pays well, and I'm comfortable.
    I'm not sure what I would rather be doing but I'm know I'm not following my wildest work dreams. Then again, I don't know many who are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you find the job you described let me know if they have an extra opening for me... well I'm starting a new job on February 1st which can only be better than the one I have now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to put on my "wise-big- sister pep-talk hat" and tell you that you are most certainly not defined by your job....it is what you do, not who you are. Your wonder and glory as YOU spill over into your job of course, but it is how you spend your time when you are in leisure that is your reflection of your true self. And I think you are very good at being you! ;)

    ReplyDelete