Tuesday, April 13, 2010

namaste...

{photo from here}

okay, so in addition to the 30 day shred, the occasional heavy metal aerobics, dancing wildly in the privacy of my home, and deep hearty laughter, yoga is one of my favorite ways to be healthy. with work and grad school you can be sure i get a teensy bit stressed... and by 'teensy' i mean ridiculously, out of my mind stressed which no amount of squishy balls can relax. so to end my day with some calming yoga, or begin my weekend mornings with longer energizing yoga, makes me feel like a brand new shiny woman!

and yes, living in san francisco, i am surrounded by yoga studios practically on every corner. and yes, i think very highly of live yoga classes with real teachers who can tell you if you're doing a pose correctly, or if it's normal to lose all feeling from the shoulder down. but let's face it. i'm poor. really really poor. and i look downright silly doing yoga {i'm terribly inflexible and i love wearing granny panties under my yoga pants... there, i said it}, so i tried my yoga online a year ago, and it was one of the best decisions i ever made for my sanity.

my yoga online is a website full of dozens of yoga class videos, with all different types of yoga, different lengths of practice, and different levels of expertise. they have yoga for stress, anxiety, depression, injuries, and pregnancy. they also have videos for pilates, meditation, and general health {even a belly dance video!!! how awesome is that?!}. and it's SO cheap - $10 a month!

i don't want to sound like paid advertisement, but it really is an amazing thing and i didn't want to keep it a secret from all you lovely ladies who might benefit from it as well.

have you tried yoga? do you like it? love it? hate it? weirded out by it?

{photo from here}

9 comments:

  1. I really do enjoy yoga but I actually use DVD sets. I usually get into periods of time where I do it every day and then fall into a slump (where I am currently residing). I think I may have to wait until finals week before I can really get into it again.

    Glad you're enjoying it though. At the end of every day sounds like a good way to calm down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually never tried yoga, but have heard rave reviews! Maybe I should give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister raves about yoga. I have always wanted to try it but for one reason or another, I never have. This summer, I'm adding it to my to-do list. Once I do my 10K run!

    Happy Tuesday... LOST is on tonight!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You here in SF is crazy$$$ I am sure is the same in other cities. The money is the reason why I don't go-- saying that I am going on Thursday with some girlfriends and its like $20 a class.

    I am starting to feel better- so we can have a coffee date soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. don't hate me but... i highly dislike yoga. i love to run and sweat. i admire peeps like you who love it... you are way more limber than i'll ever be! he he. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh thank you so much for posting this! I keep wanting to try yoga, but I'm poor too, plus I get intimidated doing new things by myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of this site! Sounds great!! I will definitely be checking it out, thanks for sharing. I really wish I would get better at doing yoga. I love pilates too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. AH! I love yoga! I'm not a runner, and I hate standing on a machine in one place for an hour. I prefer long walks, bike rides, and YOGA! Unfortunately, we had to get rid of the ol' Y membership (and our ymca had kick butt yoga classes). I am SO going to check out that website. I miss doing different yoga routines so much. We have a couple videos, but they get pretty boring after a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much for spreading the word. i love yoga but i will never sign up for classes. prices and times never work for me. so again...

    THANK YOU!!! :)

    ReplyDelete