Thursday, December 23, 2010

four!

nope, i'm not golfing {although if i did, you would hear me shout this delightful number quite frequently!}.   no, i have been tagged by the lovely jenna of a little blue to answer some questions by the four's. i figured this would make for a fun break from the rain and all things christmas.



here we go!

four shows you watch
dexter
the office
glee
modern family

four things you are passionate about
music
creating things
love
making the world a better place

four phrases you say a lot
"so, okay..."
"rad!"
"f*ck yeah!"
"aw, you're so cute!" {to my chloe cat}

four things you've learned from the past
be gentle with yourself
it's never too late
follow your gut/intuition
happiness is best acquired with impromptu dance parties in your living room {this is true}

four places you would like to go
nepal
india
australia
singapore

four things you did yesterday
my morning pages
played in the rain
wrote some thank you cards {for our wedding}
had an impromptu dance party in my living room

four things you are looking forward to
being financially stable
acting classes
all of the adventures in store for me in my future {whatever those may be!}
christmas {i'm probably WAY more excited about the gift i got the mister than he will be. i can't wait for him to open it!}

four things you love about winter
snow! {alas, i live in los angeles}
all the pretty twinkly lights
cozy sweaters, scarves, & boots
the nation's increased interest and willingness to help others

four bloggers who should share their list of fours
lauryn from laureality
alli from reasons to smile


if you are inspired, play along! leave four of your own category in the comments.


some of my own four's:
 four things i'm excited about over the next four days

thursday: a mehndi ceremony
friday: merry music-making for christmas eve
saturday: christmas!!! plus a bachelorette party
sunday: my dear friend's wedding!


and a special note to all of my fellow southern californians ~ i hope you all survived the past week,  especially yesterday. it was brutal wasn't it?  it's a miracle we didn't get swept out to sea. i guess i should say i'm glad i wasn't one of the people who actually did get swept away.  i'm also pretty sure our palm trees are just tall sticks now by the looks of the palm-covered streets.  what a disaster!
dear mother nature: i'd say we've had enough rain, wouldn't you say?  can we please have a few days to dry out? none of us remember what the sun feels like.  it would be our christmas miracle!  thanks.

stay safe southern california!

15 comments:

  1. According to my roommate, our garage is a sea -- my car is currently living in 5 inches of water. Crazy. And your answers to these questions only further confirm that we must be friends (glee and an impromptu dance party? um, yes to both!). Happy two days before Christmas, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, Kim! :) Something I've been thinking a lot about recently, being the end of the year and all, is four things I've learned from the past:
    1. Forgive yourself.
    2. Believe in the good in people.
    3. Let it go.
    4. Your well-being is crucial to the people around you.

    Plus lots more :)

    Anyway, looks like you have lots to look forward to! Christmas festivities and traditions...and weddings are always fun too! :) Can't wait to hear all about them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adored this list! You're such a lovely soul!

    Have a wonderful Christmas! I may give this a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Pennsylvania but all the rain you guys are having is making headlines over here too! Glad you're still on land!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I fancy your 4rs list. Stay dry & have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, this was fun to read!

    Hope you have a very merry Christmas, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no! I feel bad for all those So Californians! It's so dry up here in the north.

    I love this tag. Very very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! Especially the four things you've learned :) And you are so right about an impromptu dance party curing the blues!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the post and how you thought about all of these things this time of the year! have a merry merry christmas my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooo, its been so long since I've been to a henna/mendhi ceremony. So, are you getting your hands done too? And if you, will there be pics?
    Also, I adored your answers. What a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this post! I always enjoy learning more about my favorite bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas to you and your family Kim! :) Parfait holiday for the lovely soul!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kim, I'm flattered and thanks for the tagging. Will be posting on this soon. It's 2 more hours to Christmas right here. Have a fab and blessed Christmas to you & everyone else!

    ReplyDelete