Friday, February 4, 2011

gratitude!

what a week!  it started off as one of those long, busy, overwhelming weeks, but ended with a bang!  we got all dolled up, hung out with good friends, and set up some big plans for february.  life can be exhausting, but it has a way of cooking up some interesting surprises to compensate.

here are a few of the things i'm grateful for this week:
* making progress in my ukulele playing {hard work finally paying off}.
* photoshoots with tatiana {no more self-timer... yay!}.
* choosing to spend my time in really wonderful ways.
* all the fun projects on the horizon {we got several calls this week asking us to be involved in some upcoming creative projects. more on that soon!}.
this beautiful and inspiring post.
* getting to talk to several favorite friends who live far away.
* broccoli with trader joe's artichoke & parmesan dip {yum!}.
* receiving the awesome water bottle i won from tay's giveaway {hooray!}.
* all the random, unexpected doors that the universe opens when you state an intention.
* finally going to the edison!
and
* getting to be featured on tiffany's dinner party series! go check out her beautiful blog, dancing branflakes, and spend some time perusing if you've never read her blog before. it's one of my favs!

{there were some busy days this week where i just wanted to be cozy, you know? thankfully i had this 
to wear ~ sweater: thrift store in SF, striped boatneck top: h&m, jeans: urban outfitters, shoes: bc footwear}


what are you thankful for this week?

21 comments:

  1. wow, your gratitude is contagious. thank you for reminding us that when we put our intention out there, the universe will open doors.

    you have a lemon tree??? I've always wanted to grow one, maybe this will be the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww Kim..u have to video yourself playing the ukelele and let us all watch it!

    And that outfit..soooo cute!! i love the cardigan and the shoes...

    I'm thankful for the FINE weather and for all the good people in my life.

    May you have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I love the cardigan. I am grateful for many things-coffee shops, the absence of snow, tofu scrambles, my awesome friends, talking with my mom and meeting new people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week I am very thankful for good blog friends who give good advice.

    Happy weekend Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These posts just leave me smiling and happy to read! It really is the little things in life, isn't it?

    I'm thankful for my motivation and support from family and friends to pursue some long overdue goals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you made the stripes work. The yellow looks really nice on you! On another note, that post you linked up about "random acts of kindness" is touching.

    Happy Friday beautiful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this makes me feel so thankful for so much right now even though I've been feeling down lately. Loved your dinner party, wish it was real and I could come!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this week has been very hectic for me. and i'm thankful i didn't fall sick.

    ps. i love your top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Creative projects? What?! I cannot wait to hear more about them!

    Thanks so much for inspiring such an awesome dinner party. You seriously are the epitome of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this look; so comfy and chic! Also the colors complement the lemon tree so well :) (Was that intentional??)

    This week I'm grateful for the kind words I've received about my writing; it always gives me the push I need to continue.

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend! *HUGS* And yes! Please post a video of your ukulele-playing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. man, this week was all kinds of crazy! i could really use a day reading next to a fancy lemon tree like the one in your photo!

    ; )

    hope you're doing FAB pretty gal!
    xo-

    ReplyDelete
  12. just saw your feature on dancing branflake and so happy to have found your blog!! i love your cute outfit and how it matches the fruit! ;) have a happy weekend! :)

    http://www.sandyalamode.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this gratitude list, and there are so many things to check out in this post! I'm grateful that I'm down in southern California (OC) visiting dear friends--the best kind of "break."

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the list! isn't the edison fun?? i love going there, i wish it was closer to my westside bubble so i could go more often :)

    this week i am thankful for:
    ~cherry jello
    ~football (the packers are my hommies)
    ~spending quality time with my man
    ~out of town friends coming in for a visit
    ~the gorgeous weather we've been having

    hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Also wanted to let you know that I've added your button to the right-hand panel of my blog under the "some of my favorites" category. Please stop by and take a look!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that lemon tree. I am grateful for sunny days that follow rainy days.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great list, sounds like you have been a very busy lady!!! That's so great that you are playing the ukelele, it's such a cool instrument. Can't wait to hear about the creative projects. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously, we need to do a spot of shopping when I come visit. I was thankful to have a lovely weekend at the conference I went to (the best part: I got to flirt with some cute boys).

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so excited that I created {in my opinion} the greatest chocolate chip recipe EVER!.. Seriously, I've made three batches and I'm coming up with more excuses so that I can make more! hahaha
    xx tash

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh, i want your shoes, so cute! Hope your week is off to a good start :)

    ReplyDelete