Monday, February 7, 2011

good deeds ~ love bomb!

i know a lot of times in blogland, we focus on lovely, inspiring, and beautiful things.  i think most people work hard to make blogland a happy place for themselves and whatever readers may stop by.  but what i love about this wonderful world wide web of ours is that when things do go wrong for someone there is a huge community of supporters, encouragers, and friends from all over the world.  most of us have never met, but that doesn't change the fact that we want to be there for each other, especially when times get tough.


one amazing site in blogland designed specifically for this type of outreach is love bomb.  
every thursday, love bomb posts about a person who is experiencing really tough times in life, with a link to their corner of the interweb.  your part is to head over and leave some sort of encouraging comment.  by the end of the day that person will be overwhelmed {in a really good way!} with hundreds of supporting messages.  can you imagine getting wrapped up in a big down comforter of love by hundreds of people you've never met, just when you need it the most?!

that's a love bomb, my friends!

also, love bomb is providing a new option for those of you who want to take it a step further. when you sign up for the notifications, you can also include your city and state.  if a love bomb recipient lives nearby, and you feel strongly about helping out in real life, you can volunteer to take them food, do some house/yard work, or anything else you may feel compelled to help with.

so head over to love bomb and sign up!
it only takes a few minutes out of your thursday, but dramatically improves someone else's life.

also! if you know someone who could really use a love bomb dropped on them, email lauren
{the gal who runs love bomb} at dropalovebomb{at}gmail{dot}com, to let her know.

hip hip hooray for spreading the love!

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I am amazed with all these good people around the world..how thoughtful these people are. Just by spending a few minutes of your typical Thursday could improve someone else's life, giving them the encouragement & words of wisdom they never thought would get from strangers, so why not? I am up for this.

    Thanks for sharing this Kim. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really fantastic website. Who knew something like this existed? Thank you Kim for being you and pointing out these sort of lovely things! I'm so happy Brandi suggested your blog to me! : ) Have a wonderful Monday! I'm heading on over to Love Bomb now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that is too cool! Thanks so much for sharing this. I honestly LOVE blogland! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just adore that you find so many good deed websites around. I think this one's fantastic and I can't wait to sign up and help make someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love bomb is a great site. Thanks for reminding me of it. I have not been love bombing in a while.Cheers-k

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Love Bomb - it's such a great idea :) I had joined for awhile, but sadly, I haven't had as much time to devote to it anymore. Still, I really love the concept, and I've seen how much the comments rallied together have helped the people. Such a lovely idea :) I need to get back into doing this again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent I'll be heading over there directly after this! I follow several blogs that make my heart break on a regular basis because of how difficult life can be sometimes. I think it's excellent to go drop a little love! Thanks for sharing Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So it's early and I'm still sleepy and prone to being a bit more emotional than usual, but this whole Love Bomb thing sort of made me tear up a little bit... What an amazing and lovely idea! And how perfect for the week before Valentine's Day. Awesome, Kim! Thanks for sharing another great idea that's out there in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is pretty much the coolest thing I have ever heard! Off to check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such an amazing concept! And to put your city? So smart! Thank you for sharing this sweet and oh so caring place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just signed up. Your blog is so not selfish, you're always looking for ways to give back, I just thought I had let you know it's admirable. You should win the blogging-Nobel-peace-prize if such a award existed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have no idea, maybe it's the thought of travel that is so exciting :)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how awesome!! Love this Love Bomb idea! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOw, the love bomb is so cool and such a great way to give someone a boost of encouragement. :) I agree in that blogging is a way to have daily reminders that life is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's such a wonderful inspiring idea! Signing up for sure :) I love how supportive and sweet the blog community is, it's so different from the social networking sites.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is great!! I'm heading over there now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. it's like a bloggy support group...i like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG, I love this so much! What a great idea. Off to check it out now.

    ReplyDelete