Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Workshop SF!

I just went to an awesome sewing class at a cool little art studio 2 blocks from my house {I live in the raddest neighborhood - I love it!} called Workshop SF. It's run by Kelly Malone, the lady who founded Indie Mart. They offer all kinds of creative classes and once you take a class, you have access to use their studio space and equipment!

I took the sewing class because I was one of those girls who took shop instead of home ec in high school so I never learned how to use a machine. We made bottle cozies, turned xxl t-shirts into rockin dresses which actually fit, and made little sock creatures. Mine is an owl, can you tell?And here's my Heathcliff Huxtable sweater bottle cozie:
Here are just a couple other shots from inside the studio. Kelly is an awesome teacher and the class was super fun {complete with free beer and Skee-Lo's "I Wish"}. Kelly said they'll have a bunch of new classes in January and I highly recommend checking them out if you live in the area. And if not, maybe check out craft/art classes that are offered near you?

4 comments:

  1. oh i sooo need to take a sewing class! every few months or so i lug my sewing machine out in a futile attempt to teach myself and wind up just getting super frustrated. hmmm perhaps a new years resolution??
    and i looove your owl sock creature, he is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good to know! I was wondering if there were any good crafting classes, thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks like so much fun! what an awesome studio space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cool!!! i really want to take some sewing classes!

    ReplyDelete