Monday, November 23, 2009

Well...

This weekend was not full of very many adventures. I did a little bit of music, a little bit of creating, and I got to attend a 3 year old's birthday party {which was by far the highlight of my weekend - it was so fun!}. But most of my weekend was spent cleaning, organizing, purging unnecessary belongings, homework, and errands. Blah! I suppose that is to be expected since it's the weekend before a holiday and big break from school and work. So that's okay. Later this week I hope to have some big adventures showing Dannon's brother and his girlfriend around the city.

I've also been collecting some yummy looking recipes for Thanksgiving dinner. So far I'm thinking about these Honey Corn Bread Muffins:
They all look so good! I'm also open to any suggestions if anyone has a favorite Thanksgiving recipe.

3 comments:

  1. I have a wonderful recipe for corn bread salad...it is soooo yummy and is regularly requested when inviting friends to our frequent backyard cookouts. Super easy to modify to make it vegan and just as wonderfully good! Text me if you want the recipe. Oh, and instead of the old standby cranberry sauce, cook tart apples and fresh cranberries together in a sauce pot with just a tad water and sugar. Once they are tender, mash gently to create a chunky, oh sooooo yummy replacement for the can shaped log of cranberry goo some call a Thanksgiving tradition.....eeeewwww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That apple/cranberry idea sounds delicious! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete