Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Sunday's Adventure: SF Outside Lands!

Dannon and I had a blast this past Sunday at Outside Lands! There were so many bands to see! Here's the list of who we saw: Cage the Elephant, The Morning Benders, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Matt & Kim, Modest Mouse, M.I.A., and Tenacious D!

We also ran into a couple friends, explored The Barbary {the burlesque-y/circus-y/vaudeville-y acts such as the puppet theatre below},
found a booth that was giving away free hugs
{I chose the bear hug},
and Dannon rode a teeny tiny bicycle!
We also enjoyed the best part of living in California - all the food at festivals are yummy and healthy!!

For the main acts we managed to work our way up to the very front where we could see the musicians up-close and personal.
Here's Modest Mouse:
And this is the lovely M.I.A. {which turned out to be my favorite act of the day. Her shows are SO much fun!!! and she's totally my size!}:
And of course, who could forget Tenacious D. These guys filled in for The Beastie Boys after they cancelled their tour. The best part was at the end Jack Black took off his shirt and pants and threw them into the audience. Let me tell you, that guy knows how to entertain!On the bike ride home we followed a fellow cycler who had giant speakers attached to his bike blasting fun music. There were so many people dancing and riding around us, it felt like an afterparty! It's things like this that make me fall in love with San Francisco over and over!

No comments:

Post a Comment