Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Keeping Your Well Full

The main purpose for Filling Your Well is to make sure you are doing the things in your life that energize you, bring you joy, and overall increases your quality of life. Keeping Your Well Full is also incredibly important, however, to help you be ready for anything life might throw at you.
This past week Mya, my beloved fat cat, stopped eating. She only ate a teensy bit out of my hand each day and eventually stopped moving and purring. She just sat like a lump all day every day. I took her to the vet and he gave her some fluids to jump start her appetite. Today she started eating regularly on her own and is roaming around like usual.
Everything seems to be fine now, but a few days ago I was completely overwhelmed. This is a stressful time of year with grad school and finding a traineeship site. With the unexpected worry for my kitty on top of my normal daily stressors it was a lot to handle. I don't think I would have been able to handle all of the different issues this past week as successfully if I hadn't been keeping my well full.
So I urge everyone to take some time out each day to do something for you. Something you find enjoyable, brings peace of mind, and rejuvenates your spirit. You'll be so glad you did when life brings that unexpected stress.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you kept your well full and that you have thrived in the midst of chaos recently. I love that about you! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete