Wednesday, January 21, 2009

One Man's Trash...

How I wish I could make you my treasure! Last night we had a little Inauguration party at friend's house. On the walk back home we stumbled upon an adorable piano on the sidewalk that had been left for the taking. I fell in love immediately and wanted to make it mine. However, there were three of us, it was 11:00 at night, and it only had one wheel. This morning I went back and found it still sitting, alone and in the rain. I'm a little heartbroken over not being able to bring it home and love it. I would if the piano wasn't 1/4 the size of my apartment. Now I hope that some other romantic soul will find it and love it as much as I do.


For My Piano:
Corazon by Bishop Allen

by the school
on the street
you were dropped off with a sign,
"this piano is free"
you didn't look free to me
cast aside
obsolete
since they canceled music class
you've been a refugee
but now I'll give you a home
corazon
so I pushed
and I heaved
but your weight bore down like I could not believe
had you accepted defeat?
till the crowd
gathered round
put away their goings on and hunkered down
and they were cheering you on
corazon
and the expert
with his tools
said to bring it up to pitch would snap the sucker in two
I guess we're tuning to you
so I pulled
up a seat
and I swear I felt a pulse beneath your keys
to urge your hammers along
corazon
I was caught
I was stuck
and my thoughts kept on deepening the rut
until your first chord struck
now I search
I'm a chore
but my god you've given me another chance to learn
come on and teach me your songs
corazon

No comments:

Post a Comment