Friday, October 15, 2010

gratitude!

here we are at another friday and i gotta say, this week was not too bad. not bad at all. yesterday was especially full of productiveness and funnery {that's right webster's, i just made up a word!}, and today i get to experiment making my own chai lattes from scratch and mini pumpkin pies! i'm totally excited about it.

{yup, that's us!}

i'm also totally grateful for so many things this week!
* waking up at 8a... that one day.
* finally buying myself some make up.
* wearing heels on several occasions {can you tell i'm working on my womanhood?}.
* taking a hike in griffith park with dannon.
* getting everything done for my therapist registration and sending it off to the board {woohoo!!!}.
* witnessing the miraculous rescue of 33 trapped miners and their beautiful reunions with family.
* the cool breezes rolling in.
* falling leaves.
* the smell of autumn in the air!
* stocked cupboards full of mulling spices.
* a fire pit loaded with wood.
* scarves which have happily made their way back into my daily wardrobe {and my heart!}.
* getting a ukulele!!!
* previewing a bunch of wedding pictures {from our guests and our photographer, like the one above - eep!}.

oh so much to be grateful for!

and because i'm so happy today, i thought i would share some of the fun music i've been listening to this week. i call this my dancing-in-the-kitchen-cause-i'm-so-happy playlist!


what

what are you thankful for this week?

13 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to make chai latte from scratch. I can never remember what spices to get. This week has been interesting for me but really nurturing in a way. I've had to slow down but I am grateful for that. Grateful for crisp autumn mornings, friends and scarves(I need to make some more). Those miners getting rescued was seriously awesome. Anyway, I happy that you are have some much fun and diving into fall. Hope you have a great weekend.
    p.s. loving the sneak peak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving your music! and mini pumpkin pies? i now feel the need to bake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a beautiful week! Good luck making pies and lattes. Sounds like you found some great fall dishes. Way to go on the therapist registration! Is it just a waiting game now? I couldn't agree more about the scarves! They are so fun and can add so much to any day. I swear if you wear a scarf you can just add +100 cute points to yourself. :)

    I'm really looking forward to seeing more photos from your wedding! Everything you have described/shown so far has been so inspiring! I think I'm going to snag some photos for an inspiration board for myself that I could use someday down the line. Everything has a sort of fairy tale look to it!

    Glad you're having a beautiful beginning to fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super thankful for the job interview I have today. So ready to work somewhere legit again!

    Oh, and this mix is totally making my morning so great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your week! I am grateful that this week was so wonderful and I got done everything I needed to get done. It's such a great feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rescue of those miners absolutely made my week. I'm also grateful to be able to spend some extra time in my pajamas this week and to have a boyfriend who loves me so much he'll pay crazy airplane ticket fees to get me home. Have a brilliant weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great week!

    Right now I am thankful for vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce... for breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Followed you here from Googlover/keishua's site. I love your blog! Beautiful things here and smell of mulling spices is intoxicating, isn't it?

    Congrats on your wedding! The picture you include here at the top of this post is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahh i love this photo, so adorable! can't wait to see more!! ;) and please share your homemade chai recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, homemade chai lattes are the best! Alas, don't really have the ingredients at the moment, so was thrilled to bit when Alan stopped by my school today with a grande from Starbucks! It was just exactly what I needed!

    That photo is gorgeous, Kim. And it's just your hands! I can't wait to see more.

    Happy Weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's one cute wedding photo! Can't wait to see the rest! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh! email me - carmellalee2@gmail.com,
    so we can exchange info, i'm not to familiar with the echo park/silverlake area either :/
    i'm over here in the valley near studio city.

    ReplyDelete