Wednesday, October 13, 2010

goals!

well it's been over a week since we've been back from our honeymoon and i'd like to say that things are getting back to normal, but i'm not really sure what "normal" is for our life these days.
i mean, technically we've lived in l.a. for over two months now, but most of that time has been consumed with planning our wedding. we never really set up a way of life in our new home, we don't have jobs yet, and we don't have any schedules or routines. it feels... well, weird!
as much as i hate routines, i think i am definitely needing to create some in my life right now, and i'm looking at this week {what's left of it anyway} as an exciting chance to start fresh!


and because a blog is such a great place to make declarations and be held accountable... here's my list of things to accomplish over the next couple weeks:

* wake up by 9am every day {i know this seems late, but i never forced myself to overcome my jet lag and i've been waking up at 11a or 12p - shameful!}.
* send off my paperwork for my intern number {so i'll be a totally legitimate therapist and can start applying for jobs!}.
* create & send thank you cards for our wedding gifts.
* practice the ukulele!!!
* read, and then get rid of, all my magazines.
* exercise every day {i really fell out of practice with this when i moved. my goal, though, is to solve fights with dannon by arm wrestling, so i gotta get beefed up!}.
* set up a site for all our friends and family to upload their photos of our wedding {we're dying to see them all!}.
* meet people and make friends in our new city {don't you wish there was a place you could pick up friends like you can with hot guys at a bar?}.
* and most importantly - network, get involved in my field, and apply for jobs!!!


now if only i had a super colorful and fun {and maybe girly} office in which i could get all this done! i guess i'll just have to pretend.


{pretty pictures found here and here}

11 comments:

  1. thats a good list of goals.. i always make mine completely unachievable! If I had a workspace that beautiful I'd be happy forever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. I always find picking one or two and working on them for the day really helps -- if you try to do all of them at once, you can feel really overwhelmed. And you could meet me -- I'm only in San Diego and would be happy to drive up to LA when I have the chance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so organized! And I love that you will solve your marital disputes with arm wrestling. That is awesome! Good luck with your goals- you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like some great goals lady. I want to see pics from your wedding!!

    And I totally know what you mean about wishing you could pick up friends at the bar, hehe. I've met some great people through blogging, do you know any bloggers that live by you that you'd like to meet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are going to be busy, I fear we might not hear much from you over the next couple of weeks:) Don't get stressed over all the things you need to get done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have been feeling this way too, like i need to set up some routines, even though i always tend to resist them... i crave a little now.

    i SOO know what you mean about a friend bar, i always feel awkward meeting someone new and saying, "hey so we should get coffee/will you please be my friend"

    with that said, i live in LA, we should get coffee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have this weird attachment to magazines. i can never throw them away. their glossy goodness & brilliantly crisp photos capture my heart... & are kept close-- as in the floor in my room. ; )

    good luck with your goals, you're totally gonna rock em.

    xo-

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am always amazed (and envious) of people who can go months without a job. i can't remember the last time i did that.

    i say enjoy it before you become a slave to whatever work you end up doing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. good for you for making a list and setting your mind to accomplishing it. lists work wonders!! welcome to southern cal!!

    xoxo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha love the idea of arm-wrestling to solve your arguments with Dannon! I should implement this idea with my boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what an awesome goal list! I know you'll be able to accomplish them wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete