Tuesday, September 14, 2010

oh the memories!

today my dear friend laura arrives!!! we're off to the airport this morning to pick her up and then straight back home to make signs and paper poms.

over the past few days i've been making a music playlist for the lawn games and putting together books of our photos over the years, and i must say, it's been so fun reminiscing the past 7 years with dannon! we've had so many amazing adventures together, grown as individuals, grown as partners, experienced huge life-changing revelations, and laughed more than i thought was possible!

in the spirit of love and reminiscing, i thought i would share some of the fun music and photos from our relationship. some of these songs hold special memories for dannon and i, and some of them are just ones i thought would be perfect to play during a picnic wedding.


and these are a few of my favorite photos:
{apparently dannon likes to pick me up... i am pretty small}


do you have any favorite dreamy love songs i just have to add?

11 comments:

  1. You two are so cute together in those pictures! I'm so excited for you that your wedding is this week! Have a fantastic time with your friend and everyone else who I'm sure will be arriving soon! And the music? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! You guys are perfect for one another. I am not a great love song kind of gal so I really appreciate your list. Very endearing. Have an awesome time with your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you two are ADORABLE!! Love the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too Cute. Congrats on your upcoming wedding to your love. I like stuff by Camera Obscura or Au Revoir Simone- kind of dreamy pop love song stuff. I can't wait to listen to your mix(I'm at the library without headphones).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sea of Love.. just love that song! Congrats on your upcoming wedding! I'm sure it will just be beautiful!
    SO glad I found your blog today! I'm enjoying it very much
    xo tash

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not gonna lie -- You and I and Song for You by Michael Buble are two of my absolute favorite love songs.

    Whatever you do, no Teenage Dream by Katy Perry (it's been ALL OVER here not for weddings, but still...)

    Have a super amazing wedding. I know I say that in like, every comment now, but that doesn't make it a less meaningful wish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww your both so cute together! :) oh my gosh i don't know how you're going to sleep this week.. i would be way too excited!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, you look so happy together in all the pictures!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww so cute! I have a few favorite love songs right now.

    Stolen by Dashboard Confessional (I've pretty much decided I want this be what we walk in and out to someday at my wedding.)

    Today by Joshua Radin

    Friend Like You by Joshua Radin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ingrid Michaelson singing Can't Help Falling in Love With You (yes the Elvis Song)

    The Beatles version of Real Love is pretty rad.

    Whole Wide World - Reckless Eric

    Fire- Augustana

    Sea of Love - Cat Power (cover for Cat Stevens I believe BUT Tom Waits also has a great version!)

    Be With You Awhile - Alice Cooper

    You guys are amazingly cute! :)
    If you want more love songs I will be thinking because I am sure I know more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. KIM! I can't wait to see you. Listened to your songs tonight as I was working on the computer.. joy :)

    ReplyDelete