Monday, July 27, 2009

Cabin at the Russian River!

This weekend, Jes, a dear friend of ours came to visit from Oregon and we all went up to her dad's cabin in Rio Nido by the Russian River. It was my first time to the Russian River so I was pretty excited, not to mention getting to have a day of fun with Jes and her family!

We spent the first part of the day watching Jes's dad's softball game.
Then Jes, Dannon and I went down to the River. Unfortunately, I didn't take my camera so I don't have any pictures of what the river looks like. But it was lovely and sunny and filled with canoers and innertubers. After playing in the water, we headed back to the cabin for some fun and barbeque-ing!
The cabin was an adorable little wooden home in the woods, complete with hot tub, hammock, and clay fire stove!
One of the best parts about the day was having Sadie, Jes's dog! Oh, how I wish I could have a dog!
We ended our evening with Wayne's World and hot tubbing. It was a great weekend getaway and we had so much fun with Jes and her family!

1 comment:

  1. what a perfect day--and what a perfect little spot in the woods/on the river! sigh.

    ReplyDelete