Tuesday, November 30, 2010

why hello there holidays!

so as you know, this past weekend was a long holiday weekend for all of us in the states. the mr. and i were lucky enough to get 2 whole thanksgiving dinners with family AND we got to have a fancy date ushering in the christmas season.

unfortunately i didn't take time from our ravenous dinner anticipation to capture many photos. i only have a few from thanksgiving dinner #2 which i snapped while we waited for the food to cook.


in all seriousness, we actually did have a great time with our families, despite our photographic evidence to the contrary.

{the words were finally uttered, "ok, don't look like you have low blood sugar!"}

****

saturday night we had ourselves a little decorating date. we picked up a wee tree, made ornaments from paper and felt, ate curry, drank cider, and listened to the best christmas radio station ever {big r radio ~ christmas classics station under the "eclectic" tab in itunes radio}. it was a blast!


{i made the stockings for the mr. and chloe cat, dannon made the one for me. isn't it great?!}

****

also, this weekend, i got my ornament in the mail from micaela's ornament exchange! i received a super cute bird from my fabulous exchange partner lauryn of laureality {who takes the BEST christmas photographs ever}. it fits so perfectly in our little tree like a treasure. thanks lauryn, i love it!!



and that was my long holiday weekend. this week i'm continuing the search for a job, getting christmas presents ready, and maybe baking some cookies!

i hope you all are off to a great week, and happy last day of november!

20 comments:

  1. I'm with you....The holiday weekend was so much fun that there just wasn't time for snapping pics! :)

    Love that you guys make your ornaments, by the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How incredibly fun! I love your outfit- and those boots are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let the holidays begin!

    I love your little tree. Those felt ornaments are super cute (of course they are... you made them!) and I love the little blue bird from Lauryn (I sent her an ornament in the swap last year! what a small blogging world it is). I just sent my ornaments off to my partner today, but since she's also in Canada, am hoping they won't take long to get to her.

    Your stockings are great too. I made our ones as well, with felt and fabric scraps. I love hanging all four of them by the fireplace on Christmas Eve.

    Hope you have a wonderful first week of December. Mmmm, cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy last day of November to you too Kim!!
    Can't wait for your December updates!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great start to the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving and lots of good food! I love your stockings for Christmas. What a great idea for you to each make the others stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outfits are seriously some of the cutest I've ever seen. I so want to go shopping with you. (I'm still working on that post, by the way. School is taking over for a bit though.) And I'm so glad you had a wonderful weekend! I kinda miss putting the tree up (mine is in NJ) but I don't miss the cats dive-bombing it and breaking ornaments on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to go shopping in your closet ;-) You're so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit!

    We put up our tree on Sunday, but sat making homemade ornaments last night! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does look like you had fun actually.
    I couldn't snap pictures either - my parents house is too dark and dinner is very late usually.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your outfit is so cute and I love the pictures. Just think, this is your first Christmas tree together. Its such a special thing to be able to decorate it together with home made ornaments. It will be a memory you both with cherish forever. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awh your post is so cute! totally helped me get into the holiday mood... and I love the home-made ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. your tree is so cute!
    i love the snowflakes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your boots! Loving your stocking! Loving your blog! Cute all round! Can't believe I haven't stumbled across you before!
    xox tash

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hee hee, I don't cope well with low blood sugar levels! I get REALLY grumpy, unbearably grumpy even.

    Your tree and those stockings? Yum! I love it all!! And that little ornament is so beautiful!

    I will happily send some of our snow your way to complete your Christmas scene beause we have far too much now. I didn't think there was a thing as too much snow, but now we have 2 and a half feet of snow and it's still going!! But i am enjoying it, and will enjoy it a little bit more just for you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the ornament you received! I sent mine out but haven't received mine yet--so excited. Isn't the ornament swap such a fantastic idea?

    I'm totally in the Christmas spirit as well. Listening to the Glee Christmas album now, as a matter of fact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. aw it looked like a magical thanksgiving!!!
    you have THE CUTEST style and crafting skills- i love those wooden stumps i spy under the tree and gifts already? i feel SO behind! every year i tell myself i'll start shopping earlier and earlier and i always seem to fail lol

    Aw! i love seeing the ornament you got in the exchange... it's PERFECTLY you! lauryn did good but of course she would right? she's the cutest :) both of you are!

    ps. THANK YOU for your well wishes on our MAGICAL day! i wanted to tell you and hinted when i commented on your wedding posts because i think the more you you put into your wedding day is exactly how it should be! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful tree (and cute decorations!). I'm impressed by your hubby's Christmas stocking skills!

    And, as always, CUTE outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love all the funny faces on the people! Not posed smiling! How fun!

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like such a delightful holiday!!!

    ReplyDelete