Monday, January 26, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire

We went to the Kabuki theater last night to see this film. I have to admit, I had absolutely no idea what this movie was about, I had simply heard from several friends that it was really great. And yes, I thought it was great too, but pretty intense. I wouldn't call it a "feel good movie" as some are labeling it. There are some tough to swallow scenes, but it does show some inspiring examples of resiliency. The characters go through such awful things throughout their life, and yet they grow up hanging on to trust, love, and faith. They still know happiness and success. They still recognize their blessings. And it's all because they choose to. In addition to being a beautiful story of life growing out of turmoil, it is also brilliantly done and the cinematography is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment